21.10.2014

Who is... "Daniel aka Solmar"?


Hey there ladies and gentlemen, dear painters!

For some of you these words may sound familiar as this is the everytime opening of my posts on my blog „Pinselwut“. But now you read them here at Die Vincis? Don´t panic, your mind is perfectly fine. I was given the great opportunity to join the wonderful people of Die Vincis along with Thomas Wasch and Jens Rosenbaum.

So for for you, who already know me: I will continue blogging here and i am very motivated and already have some cool ideas for nice content. If you dont know who the heck i am, let me tell you a little bit about myself.

My name is Daniel, i am 27 jears old and i live with my wonderful family in Hannover, Germany. I am working as a media designer for one of the world´s largest touristic groups. When i am not painting i am enjoying the time with my wife and son, playing computer games (mostly Blizzard stuff like World of Warcraft or recently Diablo 3), watching good movies and shows and spending time with friends.



I can not really say when i started with the hobby, but specific hobby nichés. As a kid i did a LOT of scale modelling with my father and with the age of 10 or 11 i firstly played a tabletop game. Painting the armies was the most crucial part for me since the beginning. 4 years ago i found Cool Mini or Not, was insanely inspired and started to paint in a better quality. Since then i had neither diluted nor mixed my paints.

I love doing display models but i want to build up an army in the near future for a tabletop game. Here and there i also will do some scale modelling. But most projects will be display miniatures. :)
If i had to think of my favourite mini of myself , it would mostly be "the recent one". But i have also a lot of projects tied to wonderful memorys. Wether it is my first Land Raider i started display painting with, the demonette i did on Roman Lappat´s workshop, the Standard Bearer because he is crazy, Dinosaurs because i love them or my barbarian because BARBARIAN!




I try to get my inspiration out of everything i do. Movies, magazines, books, my job, other painters works, traditional arts and (most important) from the things i see in every day´s real life. Keep your eyes open. :)

This shall be a little introduction of myself. If you ever have a question, don´t hesitate to cantact me. :)

Regards, Solmar




Gallerien von Daniel

on Putty&Paint

http://www.puttyandpaint.com/Solmar
  

on Coolminiornot

http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/DarkKnight?browseid=10346261



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Dein Kommentar wird erst nach Überprüfung durch einen Moderartor frei geschaltet. Bitte habe dafür Verständnis.